Friday 3 December 2010

Peter Ackroyd and Dark Waters - a photovideo slideshow

Some of the inspiration for the Dark Waters project came from Peter Ackroyd's books - London: the Biography and Thames: Sacred River.  I came across some audio of him talking about the river, its light and the origin of its name (darkwaters.org) so I've appropriated it and pulled it into a slideshow with music and pictures. I'm trying to track down Peter Ackroyd and secure his permission...

This approach - using video and slideshows not pinching audio from other people - has been suggested to me by Gina Glover from Photofusion Gallery and Lorna-Mary Webb from RhubarbRhubarb: they both encouraged me to make use of my TV skills to add interest and value to my site....

I'm due to interview Gina about her work and the gallery that she co-founded: video here shortly.

In the meantime here are the two 90 second videos.









No comments:

Post a Comment