Friday 26 November 2010

Digital and Darkroom


For the first time ever I had a digital camera with me during a darkroom  session and shot a few pics. This one shows the process of proof printing some of my Dark Waters project. Negs from my recent Cornish trip are drying in the cabinet.
I’d just shot a final session with Ptolemy the Weaver. The three pieces that she’s been working on are framed and ready to go to the exhibition that commissioned them. Inspired by the Legacy of Anni Albers is showing at the Ruthin Craft Centre: Ptolemy Mann has produced 3 pieces that are inspired by the colour work of this Bauhaus colourist. The show runs from 4th Dec 10 to 6th Jan 11. Have a look ...www.ruthincraftcentre.org.uk

It’s been an absorbing process to follow the making of these 3 pieces of art/craft: I’m planning to shoot a video with Ptolemy and look forward to exploring the boundaries between art and craft in her work and also showing more of the process of weaving.

No comments:

Post a Comment